Six Month Smiles® is a modern twist on tried-and-true orthodontics. Aesthetically orientated short term orthodontics. There is little debate within the orthodontic community that braces are the most widely used and most effective method to give patients straight, healthy teeth and a beautiful smile.
Six Month Smiles has taken the best aspects of braces and modified the treatment and the materials to give adults a common-sense, cosmetic solution that fits your lifestyle.
Here is what makes Six Month Smiles so innovative:
- Average treatment times of only six months
- Six Month Smiles Lucid-Lok® clear brackets and tooth-coloured wires are barely visible
- Use of braces has been shown to provide the most conservative and predictable final result
- Six Month Smiles Patient Tray Kits ensure that your appointments are fast and comfortable
- Low forces and short overall treatment times increase comfort, safety, and hygiene
- Six Month Smiles is typically less expensive than traditional braces, aligner therapy, or veneers and non invasive form of amazing improvement of the appearance of your smile.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT 6 MONTH SMILES
What are the teeth straightening benefits?
There are plenty of benefits to having straighter teeth:
- Teeth straightening can dramatically improve the attractiveness of your smile and therefore your confidence. This in turn can increase your social and career success.
- Teeth straightening can also improve dental function. By aligning the teeth, the forces exerted on them when you chew, talk or simply move your teeth are balanced, resulting in better long-term health of your teeth, gums and jawbone.
- Straighter teeth are easier to keep clean, reducing the chance of cavities and gum disease.
How do I get started and if the Six Month Smiles is right for me?
Complimentary Consultation to meet Dr Patricia and get a clinical YES/NO to suitability of treatment.
This is where we take impressions of your upper and lower teeth, detailed photography of your smile and an impression of the way you naturally bite your teeth together. This is sent to Six Month Smiles to manufacture your custom made brace in America and within 2-3 weeks we are ready to commence treatment.
Fitting of Six Month Smiles
At this appointment your clear brackets will be fitted to your teeth, these will be pre prepared by Six Month Smile in a gum shield for easy attachment on the day. Then a tooth colored wire will be inserted through the brackets and locked into position using clear bands called donuts.
How to clean your appliances and oral health?
One of our hygenists will spend some time with you, giving you confidence and guidance on what dental aids and techniques you need to keep your gum health at an optimum level through your treatment.
Dr Patricia will see you every 4 – 6 weeks to adjust the orthodontic appliance and every 8 weeks will change the tooth coloured wire alongside adjusting the appliance. Where necessary slenderisation of tooth enamel will also be undertaken. These review appointments will be required until you complete your treatment.
After we have got to your perfect smile then we need to make sure that we hold it in position. We will fit bonded retainers which are a thin metal wire that is placed behind your teeth and this will take 30 minutes.
6 Month Smile know how
- You will wear your appliances all the time.
- You should be able to eat and drink normally through your treatment.
- On fitting of your six monthly smile your mouth may react with the appliance giving you mouth ulcers, as the soft tissues of your mouth adapt to the appliance you can use some Peroxyl mouthwash that we will give you to help to minimise discomfort.
- On the fitting of your Six Month Smile you may notice your speech is more difficult. As your mouth adapts then your pronunciation of words becomes normal.
Cost of Treatment
Our price for Six Month Smiles is:
from £1,950 (one arch) - £2,500 (both arches).
This includes all the appointments you need, for the whole treatment time.
After the “brackets off’ appointment you will be given 2 fixed retainers at a cost of £149 each.